Sunday, January 8, 2012

High School

Teenager
(getting out of the car)
Horizontal Projection is a painting of a 1984 Frienza
Hey,
You know some kids,
some hippie types-at my school
say things like
“CARS SUCK”
(pause)
and I’m like, yeah, well granola pants, 
when they paved paradise and put up a parking lot-
I was the first one there-
(pause)
“CARS SUCK”
(pause)
my ass
cars only suck if you don’t have one.
When my dad died my mom handed 
over the keys to his car.
Shit, she was so glad to be free 
of driving my ass around.
(pause)
We were having a discussion in my
civics class, when this dude, Marcus pipes 
up and says “A car is the utterly
fraudulent emblem of personal liberation”
(Silence)
I almost said to him, right there in class,
“well then Mr. Pretentious Granola Pants,
maybe YOU shouldn’t be stopping by MY
car in the morning for bong hits.”  Can’t
take too many bong hits riding his bike to 
school,  but he doesn’t have to worry,
cause my car is always there, ready for visitors.
I won’t give him any shit about it.  
You know, his mom, she works up at 
Kmart, I’ve seen her get off the bus.
Marcus’s bike will bring him right 
up to my car, and we’ll smoke a little weed
-a little morning weed before class-
because-
MY CAR ROCKS

Projection of Smoke Billowing
out of the Car 

No comments:

Post a Comment