Monday, January 9, 2012

Overheating Betty Lives up to her Name, Denies Owner Night on the Town

Overheating Betty overheats.  Hence her name, Overheating Betty.

Tonight, my college room mate and friend Elizabeth is going to perform
at Secretly Y'all.  Secretly Y'all is a story telling performance held in a 
very hipsterish bar in Richmond. I have been planning to go see Beth,
as I called her 20 years ago in college, perform a story she wrote about
"Found".    Beth and Secretly Y'all both reside in Richmond Va. , approximately
93 miles from  my house in Afton.  (if you assume goggle maps is correct)
I was about 10 miles from my house when Overheating Betty overheated 
to the extent that as a responsible adult I could not drive 93 approximate
miles.
Ice was also falling from the sky and snow was on the ground, I was 
pushing the remnants of adult behavior by even trying to go to
Richmond for a night on the town.  Overheating Betty saved me from
a partying, college student minded descion to drive to Richmond (93 
approximate miles) where I would inevitably drink wine and then drive back
to Afton on icy roads.  
My apologies to Beth, and my thanks to my little red acura for being the 
surrogate parent I obviously need.

No comments:

Post a Comment